Keeping track of evolution and treatment
Drug-based treatment is recommended for:
The doctor will determine if the patient needs hospitalization, in which case they will receive a medical slip to either the “Alexandru Obregia” Hospital, located in Bucharest, or other specialized hospitals.
Once the diagnosis has been established, the doctor may recommend drug treatment by:
- Simple prescription
- Medical slip directed to the family doctor
- From May-June 2010, free and compensated prescriptions, directly from the surgery, if you have brought a referral note from your attending physician and proof of insurance.
You will need psychiatric check-ups taking up to 15-30 minutes every 1-2 weeks in the first month of treatment, and monthly thereafter.
Keeping track of evolution and treatment- What to remember about a psychiatric check-up
- Psychiatric treatment does not take effect immediately, but it will take a few days or even 2 weeks for the effect to take effect,
- You will get all the necessary information about side effects, mechanism of action of the pills, duration of treatment, etc.
- Psychiatric treatment does not cause addiction. An exception to this rule are benzodiazepine-based treatments, but they presume a special regime, as their administration will be closely monitored by the doctor, and will generally be limited to a month.